The Heart of the IRS
Jun 28th 2022
We are at the height of the railroad maintenance season, a pivotal time for our country. It represents the revitalization of the North American rail network; a network that profoundly affects our domestic economy and the global marketplace.
Track maintenance is at the heart of Industry-Railway Suppliers. Since 1966, IRS has worked to earn the trust of the North American maintenance-of-way industry. So in honor of this important season, let’s bring it back to the heart of the matter– the core of IRS.
- We are a 100% railroad focused company.
IRS is a small, family-owned company. Our employees stay, and many retire with us– Multiple employees have been with us for over 40 years.
- We stock MOW products from over 50 of our manufacturing partners.
- Each member of our customer service team possesses between 20 to 30 years of railroad industry knowledge.
- Our 90,000 square foot warehouse is strategically located in Elmhurst, Illinois so that orders can ship faster by utilizing both interstate and rail transportation.
Peak at what our 90,000 square foot warehouse looks like today in 2022.
- Stock items ship within 24 to 48 hours.
- Our sales team is committed to product and field support with a team leader possessing 50 years of maintenance-of-way experience.
- IRS has an Engineering department with a working R&D lab (below) to assist in new product development with the ability to finalize product prototypes.
- Industry-Railway Suppliers, Unity and IRECO share the same facility to provide a full-service railroad tool distribution center catering to the needs of all sectors of the railroad industry– Maintenance-of-Way, Mechanical, Bridge and Signal departments across North America.
If you're interested in learning more about Industry-Railway Suppliers, give our customer service department a call (630) 766-5708 where Bob, Ken or Lili will be happy to assist you.
Same heart. Different location.